This Simple Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie is a very basic smoothie recipe that I often have in the morning for my post-workout breakfast, or as an occasional mid-day snack. Simple ingredients make it a breeze to throw together quickly. To add more variety, blend it with different kinds of fruit. Some of my favorites are pineapple chunks, mango, and blueberries. If using fresh fruit, just add a few ice cubes to thicken it a bit. For added nutrition, throw in a handful of spinach or kale leaves.
Simple Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (vanilla; sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1-2 scoop(s) plant-based protein powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- maple syrup or honey (to sweeten; optional)
- ¼-½ cup water (as needed, to thin)
- Add all ingredients (starting with only ¼ cup of the water) to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- If too thick, add another ¼ cup of extra water. If too thin, add a couple ice cubes or frozen strawberries.