I love these homemade protein bars made with REAL whole food ingredients. They are vegan friendly, packed with nutrition, and make a great post workout snack.
I found this recipe on The Real Food Dietitians website not long ago and was intrigued. I knew I wanted a protein bar that wasn’t too high in calories and dairy-free, so these sounded promising. However, after calculating the calories on my own (using my own specific ingredients), they came out a bit higher than I wanted for a snack bar. I tweaked the recipe a bit and they are still delicious! Much better than the processed protein bars sold in stores.
(Note: The serving size of one bar is intended as a snack. If you’d like to use these as a meal replacement bar, cut them into 6 to 8 pieces.)
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
- 1 ½ cup quick oats
- 1 ½ cup crispy rice cereal
- ¾ cup vegan vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 1 banana mashed
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir until completely combined.
- Cut a large square of parchment paper to fit into an 8×8 casserole dish. Dump contents of bowl into the prepared casserole dish. Using your fingers, press mixture evenly and firmly.
- Put the casserole dish in the freezer and allow to firm up for 30 minutes. Take out and cut into 12 bars.
- In order to keep these fresh, wrap bars individually and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Leave a Reply