WHAT ARE COOKIES?
When a cookie is set by the website owner, in this particular case, Lynn Wodke, these cookies are identified as “first-party cookies”.
There are also cookies that are set by third parties. These cookies are called “third-party cookies”. These third-party cookies enable certain features or functionalities to be provided on or through the website for tasks such as advertising and analytics and for interactive content such as commenting.
You should be aware that these third-party cookies can recognize your computer both when you are visiting our Website and when you visit certain other websites.
First- and third-party cookies are used for various reasons. Those reasons include but are not limited to functionality, analytics, and reporting. The cookies that are required for technical reasons in order for our Website to work efficiently are referred to as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies.
Other third parties also serve up cookies for advertising, analytics and other purposes.
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL COOKIES?
It is completely within your right to either accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie rights at any time by setting your preferences in the Cookie Consent Manager.
The Cookie Consent Manager allows you to select which categories you accept or reject. Please note that the Essential Cookies cannot be rejected because they are necessary to provide you with services.
If you decide to reject cookies, you can still use our Website. However, certain aspects and functionality of the Website may be restricted for you. Furthermore, you can set your browser setting to automatically accept or reject cookies.
To learn how to set the controls for your browser, you have to visit your browser’s help menu for information because each browser has different settings and modes.
THE COOKIES WE USE
Login and Comments
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- Google Analytics is Google’s analytics tool that helps website and app owners to understand how their visitors engage with their properties. It may use a set of cookies to collect information and report site usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google. The main cookie used by Google Analytics is the ‘_ga’ cookie.
- In addition to reporting site usage statistics, data collected on Google properties by Google Analytics may also be used, together with some of the advertising cookies described above, to help show more relevant ads on Google properties (like Google Search) and across the web and to measure interactions with the ads we show.
- Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
CERTAIN THIRD-PARTY INSTALLED COOKIES
Third-Party websites and/or services install cookies on our Website, and they might not necessarily ask for your permission or consent. Such third-party cookies may be installed from our Website for the following reasons:
- Content commenting
- SPAM protection
- Displaying content from external platforms
- Interaction with external social networks and platforms, etc.
7. CONTACT US
We welcome you to contact us if you have any questions, concerns or comments regarding the terms in this agreement.
Fit & Flourish
EFFECTIVE AS OF JANUARY 22, 2020.